Friday, November 25, 2011

ONE MONTH TIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Ugh! How did time go by so fast......seems like just last year we were doing this?!  I'm trying to get myself into the holiday spirit....I really am....but it seems each year gets harder and harder!!  


You know what I love about Xmas?????  Re-gifting!!  Who doesn’t have a closet full of crap that you just can’t wait to pass along to those "deserving" friends & acquaintances!?  There are even "special crap gift" categories. 

 Disguised in beautifully wrapped boxes: 
CLEVER DISGUISE
 USELESS TRINKETS (generally picked up at the dollar store)
 UGLY SCARVES (you know which ones I mean)
 HOMEMADE CRAP (from the "Turn your garbage into $" book)
MISCELLANEOUS UNSCENTED CANDLES ( my favorite,  the  colors NEVER go with anyone's decor)


Plus people give based on the list of crap they got from the previous year.  You give a crap gift this year; you get a crap gift next year!!  Who started this trend??  It seems so wrong......and yet equally tempting! How does one get away with this sort of thing......I mean I have a close knit group of friends that intermingle with each other.  What if "Rebecca" (not her real name) sees the ugly glass figurine she gave me last year....sitting on "Sally's" (also not her real name) shelf?  Oh wait....I know "Sally", trust me, if I didn't like the ugly figurine........she won't like it either........which means she would only put it out if I was coming to visit so as not to hurt my feelings.....THIS COULD WORK!! 

SSSHHHH!!
 I just have to make sure that I am never invited to "Sally's" house if "Rebecca" is going........that should be easy.......the only time that we would potentially end up there together would be over the Christmas holiday with the rest of the girls......and by then she'll have wrapped up that ugly thing and sent it off to the next poor sucker..........I just love the holiday season.....it's the most wonderful time of the year.....just sayin....


No comments:

Post a Comment